Builder Load-In Information
We allow builders to load in on the Friday before an event, between noon and 10 pm. We also allow load-in on Saturday morning starting at 8 am. We urge builders to arrive on Friday, if possible!
Please enter the building from the back (88 Day Street) instead of the front (165 Water Street)! The back is where our loading dock is, and where we will be set up to check in builders.
When you come in, we recommend you park briefly in the loading area (Area #1 in the image on this page). From there, you can easily get your bot, tools, and other things up to our loading dock.
We ask that you not park in the loading area any longer than you need to! We will set up corralling squares that you can put your things in. Once you do that, please move your car out of the loading area to a free lot. Our loading area is small; we need you to move your car as soon as your things are in the loading dock, so other builders can load in.
Once you've parked in one of our designated builder lots, you can check in at the loading dock in the builder's entrance. After you've checked in, you can go upstairs to the pits.
Where to park - Friday
We've set up several parking lots that are just for builders, with easy access to the builder's entrance at 88 Day Street.
On Friday, you're best off parking in lot #2 (the NHRL rear lot) or #3 (street parking on Day Street). Area #1 is the loading area; we need cars to only be there for as long as it takes to load your things into the building.
We ask that you not park in lot #5; we need that space for crew parking. Builders are allowed to park in lot #6 at the front of the building; however, the front door will be locked, and you might need to walk around the block to get to the builder's entrance at the back.
Where to park - Saturday
There should be ample places to park on Saturday. However, we must ask that you only park in a place that's specifically designated for builders. These are the blue spaces in the map above. As mentioned before, you can only stay in lot #1 for as long as it takes to bring your things into the building. All red spaces are reserved for spectators and crew.
Where can builders park on Saturday?
At all the blue spaces in the above map:
(2) The rear parking lot.
(3) Along Day Street. There are no permits required and no maximum limits on parking time. Please don't block driveways or hydrants, though.
(4) 51 Day Street.
Where are builders NOT allowed to park on Saturday?
(5) The small lot next to the loading area. This small lot is reserved for crew members.
(6) The NHRL front parking lot. This lot is reserved exclusively for spectators on Saturday. Don't forget that the builder entrance is now in the back of the building; if you were to park in the front parking lot, you'd have to walk all the way around the block to get to the back. So the other lots are better for you anyway!
(7) 149 Water Street. Please don't park here unless directed to by NHRL staff.
(8) 50 Day Street. Please don't park here unless directed to by NHRL staff.